Keto Bread ! Yes You Can Have Grilled Cheese Sandwiches Again!

When moving to the Keto lifestyle, I knew a factor of making this sustainable is learning a substitute for bread. I tried some that tasted too eggy, and I don't know about you but I hated the taste. Eggs are already very hard for me to eat, so I needed a bread recipe that can pull me through and keep my on the right track! Another factor when making food, is the ease of the recipe. If I have more than 6 steps, I have to weigh its convenience. Here are 5 steps to making yummy Keto Bread, and one of those steps is turning on the oven.



Ingredients
  • 1/2 Cup of Butter (microwave in a microwave safe bowl to melt it)
  • 2 Cups of Almond Flour
  • 5 Eggs (you can add 1 more, but I don't enjoy the eggy taste when it comes to breads)
  • 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
  • 2 tablespoons of Coconut Oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon of Xanthum Gum (this is not 100% necessary, but it does improve the bread texture)
  • Pinch to 1/2 teaspoon of Salt
  • Cooking Spray
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 355 F.
  2. Mix all ingredients well in a bowl. Once it thickens up, you are done mixing!
  3. Spray a Bread Loaf pan with Cooking Spray (I use the butter flavor).
  4. Pour the mixture into the Bread Loaf pan.
  5. Bake for 45 minutes. Remove and check that if sticking a pick in the bread, it comes out clean. If it has bread mixture, bake for an additional 5 minutes, and repeat.

Macros: Whole Loaf = 2,039 calories, 197.7 g fat, 41.7 g net carbs, 54.96 g protein
If cut into 16 slices, each slice would be= 127.4375 calories, 12.35625 g fat, 2.60625  g net carbs, 3.435 g protein

Once you get the base of bread down, then you can really have fun! Add cinnamon for a sweet bread, or garlic and cheese for a dinner style bread.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KetoCake - Very Easy Chocolate Cake!

Keto Costco Ultimate Shopping List

Two Keto Weekly Meal Plans