KetoCake - Very Easy Chocolate Cake!

Working in an office, there is always a birthday celebration it seems every week! Of course I sit right next to the table where the cake is presented, and it smells delicious! Being on day 20 of my Keto lifestyle, I knew I needed a way to fight this head on! Therefore here is my KetoCake in chocolate! This recipe is easily doubled or tripled if you want to make more. I brought in extra for others to try who don't know about Keto, and they absolutely loved it.



Ingredients
  • Butter or Cooking Spray
  • 1 Egg - 77 Cal, 1 g Net Carb, 5.3 g Fat, 6.3 g Protein
  • 1 tablespoon of heavy whipping cream- 51 Cal, .42 g Net Carb, .51 g Fat, .31 g Protein
  • 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder - 1 Cal, .59 g Net Carb, 0 g Fat, 0 g Protein
  • 3/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract- 9 Cal, .4 g Net Carb, 0 g Fat, 0 g Protein
  • 2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder- 12 Cal, 1.3 g Net Carb, .7 g Fat, 1.1 g Protein
  • 1 tablespoon of stevia (or your choice of sugar substitute) - 0 Cal, 0 g Net Carb, 0 g Fat, 0 g Protein
    • For a sweeter taste, you can use up to 2 tablespoons
  • OPTIONAL TOPPING: If you are following Keto by Macros only, you can add Sugar Free Frosting as seen in this picture. I used Pillsbury brand - for 2 tablespoons it is Carbs: 16g, Dietary Fiber: 3g, Sugar Alcohol 10g - 3 Net Carbs. 
EDIT for Macros - please remember that depending on the brands you use, it may vary slightly!
Total without Frosting: Calories-  150, Net Carbs- 3.71 g , Fat- 11.51g, Protein- 7.71 g
Instructions
  1. Butter a cup or spray with cooking spray.
  2. In a small bowl, mix all ingredients (except for the optional topping) together with a whisk until it has a liquid consistency.
  3. Microwave for 1 minute and 20 seconds. 
  4. Once cooled enjoy! 
    1. Optional - once cooled off, spread 2 tablespoons of sugar free frosting on the cake and enjoy!
That's it! I love this recipe because you can make for one person, or you can double for two! I would love to hear what your favorite Keto dessert recipes are! If you have any personal tweaks to this recipe, please also share!


Comments

  1. It works beautifully! Like many pastry chefs know, cocoa powder acts like a binder to make a flourless cake.

    Excellent recipe, I've made it twice already tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Does Cacao work as a binder as well or just cocoa does?

      Delete
    2. Cocoa powder and cacao powder are the same thing.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for this recipe. Can you clarify the nutrition and carb information? Of the nutrition information provided, is this for the icing only or is it for both the cake and icing? I appreciate your response.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is the nutritional information:

    Total without Frosting: Calories- 150, Net Carbs- 3.71 g , Fat- 11.51g, Protein- 7.71 g

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have the nutrition information with total carbs instead of net carbs? If not, I guess I can re-create the nutrition for total carbs, but I suck at math :-/ so I thought I'd ask. (I do my Keto macros based on total carbs, not net carbs)
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I substitute PB2 chocolate peanut butter powder for 1 of the tbsp of cocoa powder, pretty good. A little spongier texture, but very good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What an amazing tip! I was just introduced to this amazing product over the weekend. I imagine it tasting similar to a reese's peanut butter cup!

      Delete
  6. Just tried this recipe! It was great! I added some of Lilly's Stevia sweetened chocolate chips

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best keto dessert recipe ever! Congratulations from Spain!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn’t see how it could work without a flour of some kind, but it’s delicious. I didn’t have any whipping cream, so subbed a T. of oil. Moist fudgey texture.
    This will solve any chocolate attacks with less than four grams of carb. Keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you use liquid or powdered stevia?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very Delicious chocolate cake. I love it

    ReplyDelete
  11. Has anyone made it in the oven? We don't have a microwave��

    ReplyDelete
  12. My mug just came out of the microwave. The smell is absolutely beautiful. I'm going to top my with fresh whipped cream, no sugar. I can't wait until it cools.
    Thank you for sharing this with us!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very Nice Blog I Have Read Your Blog It Is Really Interesting And Useful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Keto Costco Ultimate Shopping List

Two Keto Weekly Meal Plans