Fathead Dough Pastries!

Ready for a pastry that you will love? This recipe will have 3 variations, which I hope will also inspire you to create your own combination. We are first going to make a basic fat head dough, and create a filling!

The top left is my peach / cream cheese pastry, I love peach and have been missing the flavor of it. The top right, which is hands down the best of the 3 is strawberry / cream cheese! I could eat this every meal of every day! Lastly the bottom of the bunch, was also my least favorite, I used Lily's Chocolate mixed with cream cheese. It was ... well it was ok. I rather spend my macros on the other two. But I thought I would still share in case you have a better idea and would like to make this better!!

*******Disclaimer *******
if you are strict keto (ingredients are clean and you don't eat naughty things), then the fillings, except for the chocolate one will not work for you. You will, however, be able to use the the strawberry filling if you use store bought strawberries and heat them on a sauce pan. I am lazy in general, and I am following dirty keto, so these fillings do fit my macros! Cream cheese only with a tablespoon vanilla extract would be a great keto friendly filling. 

I tripled the recipe to try out the 3 flavors, so if you want to do the same multiply your ingredients by 3!
What you will need:
FAT HEAD DOUGH
  • 1 Egg
  • 2 Tablespoons of Butter
  • 3/4 Cup of Almond Flour
  • 1 1/2 Cup of shredded Mozzarella 
  • 1/4 cup of sweetener of your choice (I used swerve)

STRAWBERRY FILLING
  • 2 Tablespoons of Cream Cheese
  • 1 1/2 Tablespoons of Sugar Free Strawberry Preserves
PEACH FILLING
  • 2 Tablespoons of Cream Cheese
  • 1 1/2 Tablespoons of Sugar Free Peach Preserves
CHOCOLATE FILLING
  • 2 Tablespoons of Cream Cheese
  • 1.5 ounces of Lily's Original Dark Chocolate (half the bar)
INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
  2. In a microwave safe bowl, place the butter and cheese in the bowl. Microwave for 1 minute and stir. Continue to heat in 30 second increments until ingredients are melted.
  3. When completed at almond flour, egg, and sweetener  to the bowl and mix / knead until you create a dough. ***TIP - this dough will get really sticky!! I use a whisk and found that i get the same results. You can also, and I know this is silly,  knead the dough with one hand and hold an ice cube in the other hand. When your hand starts to warm, switch hands. I promise this works!!                                          
  4. Using parchment paper, place dough on the parchment paper. Since this is so sticky, I used a second piece of parchment paper and rolled out the dough.         
  5. Bake for 5 minutes, or until you find your dough has cooked slightly. But while it is cooking, choose your filling and mix it into a bowl. For the chocolate microwave in 20 second increments until it melts.                                                                                          
  6. Spread your mixture on one half of your dough.              
  7. Fold your dough in half, and bake for another 8 minutes. Or longer if you like crispy!! 
The first time I made this, I was definitely feeling overwhelmed. All the times since then and using my ice trick, well its gotten better and I enjoy making it. Here were all three of my finished delicious pastries.

MACROS coming soon!!
As always, your comments and tips are more than welcome. Add them below!!
Disclaimer - These are the tools that I use for Keto Success. I am not a nutritionist, please meet with your physician before following any plan!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KetoCake - Very Easy Chocolate Cake!

Keto Costco Ultimate Shopping List

Two Keto Weekly Meal Plans