Budget Friendly Keto Dinner! Egg Roll in a Bowl

We make this meal at least once a week or more! The great thing is, you can customize this recipe to make it your own! Did I mention Keto Friendly??

I can typically make this meal for about $7 for 4 servings! I can spend about $4 on the ground beef, $1.50 on the cabbage mixture. The rest of the items I have on hand but are very cheap when I buy in bulk at Costco.

Also two words... Meal Prep. You can make this in about 20 minutes with the longest step being browning the meat!


Choose your protein: I typically make this with ground beef, but ground pork or chicken is also yummy! Try making with each protein so you can find your favorite combination.

Cabbage mixture: you can make you own with a cabbage shredder (I use my food processor), buy a pre-cut bag for about $1.50, or a coleslaw mix- this bag will also be about $1.50 but it will be slightly high carb content because carrots are added to the this mix.

Soy Sauce or Liquid Aminos? For a lower carb option you can pretty much substitute 1:1 with the liquid aminos.

Ingredients:

1 lb ground beef, pork, or chicken
16 ounces of cabbage / cabbage mixture (I used the mixture with carrots)
2 tbsp ginger paste
1/2 soy sauce (or 1/4 for a less salty mixture) or the liquid aminos
1 tbsp garlic (I used minced garlic from Costco)
1 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tsp onion powder
Salt and pepper to taste
To add a kick - on step 4 add 1 tbsp of Sriracha

1) Brown the ground meat in a pan, drain any excess liquid created.
2) Add the cabbage mixture a little at a time, it will seem like too much but it does wilt and shrink a little. The heat should be at medium to high heat
3) Add the rest of the ingredients to the pan.
4) Give your mixture a quick taste, and add any additional ginger, garlic, rice vinegar or soy sauce based on your taste buds!
5) Lower the heat to medium and cover for about 5 minutes.
6) Enjoy over a plate of cauliflower rice or alone! My husband loves to add sriracha, but I add chili oil!

What ingredients do you add to your Egg Roll in a Bowl?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KetoCake - Very Easy Chocolate Cake!

Keto Costco Ultimate Shopping List

Two Keto Weekly Meal Plans